What is IEC?
IEC Stands for IMPORTER EXPORTER CODE
Can Export/Import be made without IEC?
No. IEC forms a primary document for recognition by Govt. of India as an Exporter/ Importer.
What are the benefits of IEC?
On the basis of IEC, companies can obtain various benefits on their exports/imports from DGFT, Customs, Export Promotion Council etc.
What are the documents needed for an IEC application?
Documents are listed below:
- Bank Receipt /Demand Draft details evidencing payment of application fee of Rs. 250/-. DD should be in favour of Zonal JDGFT, New Delhi.
- Certificate from the Banker of the applicant firm in the format given in Appendix 18A (Part B).
- Self certified copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN) issued by Income Tax Authorities(both sides).
- Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant. Photograph on the bankers certificate should be attested by the banker of the applicant.
- Self addressed envelope duly stamped for Rs.15/-(for Local Address) & Rs.30/- (for Outstation).
- These documents may be kept securely in a file cover.